As I was asked several times, yes I am back on business since mid January, lots of orders shipped, continuing…
Which doesn’t leave much time for other things. One of the “other things” is my small studio.
Having a lot of analogue gear, outboard, working with microphones, guitars etc. and also prefering an analogue workflow requires some thinking when it comes to wiring it all. I am also more the type of guy who prefers not to have cables flying around all over the studio.
Most of the modern studio equipment (mixers, interfaces) use DSUB25 or DB25 connectors. Of course you can use so called DSUB looms with XLR or 1/4 inch plugs. But when you use modular equipment like the 500 series, or single channel strips it sometimes gets tricky to change the setup, especially when everything is installed and most or all connectors are on the rear. This means you need breakouts to patch things or flip the mic from one to the other channel strip.
You can buy ready made breakouts like the RME BOB or from Mamba.
But I personally like the DIY approach. So I decided to make my own PCBs for XLR to DSUB (AES/EBU Tascam pinout). The first PCB prototypes will be delivered in the next weeks, so stay tuned if interested.
The year is almost over and I need some time to rest and charge the batteries for the next year to come.
That’s why I will only take few orders during the next days and then shut down till around mid January.
I wish you all a peaceful ending of the year. If you celebrate it, a Merry Christmas, and a Happy New Year. Thanks to all my customers for making this year even better than the last. I continue serving you next year. Cheers Stefan
Some shots from this weeks concert from Kraftwerk in Leipzig.
The small DIY project for the autumn is in planning.
I wanted to do this for quite a while but never had the time. At least I ordered a custom case from Thomann as they have a configurator which helps you to order a case that fits your individual needs.
Let’s see if I find the time during the next weeks to start and also finish this project. I will keep you updated.
If you need supply for your own autumn DIY Eurorack project, you might be interested in my latest price list. Just send me an email and you will get it quckly.
From time to time customers have special requests. The idea for this frame is to fit in a 10 inch server rack.
Just a quick post after such a long time, the business keeps me busy. If you know exactly that you are going to use just a few modules this frame will probably fit your needs. It just has 39HP usable width, and the outer dimensions are 254 x 133 x 30 mm. It will fit in this 10 inch rack.
If you are interested in custom frames and pricing, please send me an email. You will also get my latest price list.
Extending the usual 84HP format, threaded inserts available in 104 and 126HP.
One of the main parts of my small business are the frames for Eurorack in different sizes. Since I started two years ago, I sold several 100 meters of frames including threaded inserts. At some point I started to hate cutting threaded insert on length to fit in a 104 or 126HP frame. I also didn’t like that the insert consisted of two different pieces. That’s over now.
After some research if found a supplier how delivers threaded inserts longer than the usual 84HP at a reasonable price. That’s why I am proud to introduce today, 104HP and 126HP M3 threaded inserts/strips for your Eurorack case.