This was a major step. Today I got the bottom and rear panels bended. Two main parts of my case construction, which I couldn’t do on my own.
The idea of the case construction is to fix the rear and bottom panels with threaded rods between to wooden side wings. Next up I have to drill several holes to fix the busboards and and PSUs on the panels. The hole for mains inlet with switch and fuse holder needs to be routed. Once the metal work is done the panels will be powder-coated.
Some sketches of the case to visualize the construction. The other main components of the construction are the wooden side wings. These need to be drilled, routed and sanded before they finally get an oil finish. That’s the rough plan for the next weeks.
Some pictures of panels:
If you want to read the full story, here are all the posts:
- The Console Case – How it all started
- The Console Case – The Journey continues
- The Console Case – Rear and Bottom Panels
- The Console Case – The Wooden Side Panels, 1st Step
- The Console Case – First assembling
- The Console Case – After the Powder Coating
- The Console Case – It’s Done