Another update on my console case. The woodworking for the side panels is almost done.
If you want to read the full story, here are all the posts:
- The Console Case – How it all started
- The Console Case – The Journey continues
- The Console Case – Rear and Bottom Panels
- The Console Case – The Wooden Side Panels, 1st Step
- The Console Case – First assembling
- The Console Case – After the Powder Coating
- The Console Case – It’s Done
The next major step is taken. After routing, drilling and sanding the wooden side panels, I could assemble the case with all its parts for the first time. Everything fits, allmost. Minor modifications need to be done, but then I can start with the last step, oiling the wooden side panels and get the rear and bottom panels powder coated. I still don’t know which colour the aluminium parts will get, any ideas?
When this is all done, the final assembling and the wiring of the four PSUs and the eight busboards needs to be done. And that’s it.
I’ll keep you updated.
Here are some impressions from the first assembling: